Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [19004],

If you ever come across the error code "ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [19004], [], []...." while running query ralated to any table, view, index
here is the solution for it

login to your oracle database using pl/sql tool

run the below command on the command prompt

1. in case of error on querying table

ANALYZE TABLE table_name delete statistics;

2. in case of error on querying view

put the command above with related tables in the view. i.e run analyze tables for each table that form that view.

reference:http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_4005.htm

8 comments:

Thanks, that was gold - it just saved a major crisis I was just having on a mission-critical database

David Campbell

Yepp, that's the solution! Thanks a lot! Especially upgrading to oracle 10g!

Dieter Rainer

Hi all!

Yesterday, I built 2 materialized views on my data warehouse, to provide better performance to OBIEE (agregate table with 3 million rows/day).

After working for some time with stunning speed, started giving the following error:
ORA-00600: código de erro interno, argumentos: [19004], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
(sorry for the portuguese :) ). Even when Querying the table directly, same error, and connection closed.
After a while looking on the net, I found many associations of this error, materialized views and gather statistics. As many people recommended online, I deleted the statistics but... still the same! Worse, all the posts online refered to version 10g and previous, and I have the latest 11g (11.1.0.6)… too bad for me.
Even worse! I have a Data Guard, and the issue was ONLY on the secondary/standby server… on the primary the materialized view was all nice!
The fact is, the views were ok just an hour before! After a while, I realized that about 30 minutes before, our automatic gather statistics job had ran… ok, so the gather statistics did something…
After one sleepless night, I think I finally figured it out. First, it must be a oracle bug, no doubt. Second, I queried the V$parameter just for the fun of it, in desperation, and for my surprise, the value of “query_rewrite_integrity” was set to “enforced”. Well, I do not like enforced, so I changed to Trusted, as it should have always been. And… VOI LA!!! It did the trick!!!
I still do not know if this was the only problem, but the fact is I have running as we speak! Lets see if this is a long term solution, or just a patch…

Hope this can help some :D

DataWarehouse Short Info
(
Telco Company Datawarehouse
Oracle 11g
25+ millions of imported rows a day
)

This is veru useful tips for me .
Thanks a lot !!

Thanks a lot , problem solved here .